Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
March 9th 2014
Published: March 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi, all.

Updated yesterday's blog if you haven't seen it.

Not sure where I finished.......was doing it at Sydney Airport when Rae said "I don't believe it", as she spotted Sue Reeve and her husband, Mick. Bizarre coincidence, Sue and Rae had worked at Copleston at the same time .......and now do lunches together, with Annie Skinner. We were on the same flight to Cairns! Might be on the same Great Barrier Reef trip tomorrow!

Good flight to Cairns.....and we "got an hour back"' which surprised me.

Picked up the car and headed off to Trinity Beach, where were due to meet Robyn and her partner, Jonathan - which we duly did at Lunica cafe, by the the ocean. Robyn is Clare's, James' fiancee's Mum.We had a good chat for an hour or so.........Jonathan had been caught up in the Christchurch's big quakes 18 months or so ago.

We reached the QT Hotel about 6'ish..........only to find that our room hadn't been cleaned properly. We went for a swim in the pool while the receptionist sorted something else out for us, which she duly did, giving us an upgrade to a "pool view" room. Very nice rooms, although Rae's not sure about the little lizards .....and big ants! A couple by the pool told us that a 4 foot water snake had been found in the pool earlier!

Had a pleasant meal in the hotel before going back to the room to unpack.

Great Barrier Reef cruise (another "upgrade") tomorrow, cyclones permitting!

No pics today......all picked out! Well maybe a nice penguin from Featherdale yesterday...........

Forgot (lots of things......) but I loved the "GayTM's" in Sydney..........ATM's decorated with glitter and pink ribbons to celebrate the big gay/lesbian Mardi Gras parade last week!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb