photo status...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
November 20th 2007
Published: November 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I thought this was funnyI thought this was funnyI thought this was funny

We didn't go there though. (Sydney)
These are older photos that I didn't upload...I over looked them.

I really like this place we're at, BUT, I wouldn't recommend anyone to ever book here if you make it to Port Douglas. We're staying at the Bay Villa Resort and it would be perfect if it weren't for the woman who works the office. She's down right rude and talks down to us as if we're 7 year old kids. And the notes - the notes drive me bonkers...there's notes everywhere about what to do, what not to do, a $50 fine if you're noisy, a $50 fee if you lock your key in your room (you only get one)....

Yesterday we did grocery shopping and spent a lot of time in the pool. We hired bikes (everything is hired here...hire a car, hire a bike...not rented) and tooled around by the beach and around town. We went to St. Mary's church by recommendation of a girl on the dive trip. It's a modest church, but very cool. It has a huge window with a view of the ocean. I have pictures (eventually).

Today we went on a crocodile hunt. We saw one large male, two
BirdBirdBird

This bird is really common in Cairns. We were sitting in the food court at the mall and it just came right in as if it owned the place.
smaller females, and an itty bitty baby. They were in the distance on the shore (we were on a boat), but it was still awesome to see them and enjoy the fresh air. I made us lunch - salmon, rice, fresh green beans, and a couple slices of cheese. Most of the day has been pretty lazy. Laundry, swimming, and walking around town.

Tomorrow? Another early morning and off to the rain forest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Popular CarPopular Car
Popular Car

these are everywhere
Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House

It looks like a clam shell up close.
SydneySydney
Sydney

The roof we ate on before the bridge climb.
randomrandom
random

this is what a lot of the town looked like on any given street in the area where we were staying.
SignsSigns
Signs

I love the pedestrian walk signs.
Alex and JanAlex and Jan
Alex and Jan

Trying to figure out where we're going.


22nd November 2007

wow!
Love the night shots. Sydney looks charming. Glad you're diving and back in love with Alex. Happy crocodile hunting and grocery shopping. What!! And, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb