Spiders and tsunamis!


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Palm Cove
April 5th 2007
Saved: January 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Well after leaving Airlie beach we went on an 11 1/2hr journey on the coach to Cairns Australia is a big country! The first day after we arrived we went out onto the great barrier reef. We stopped off at two reefs and I saw coral and fish from a glass bottom boat, so great I even got to see an anenome with a family of clown fish in! As usual the guides were totally bonkers and so it was a really good day out.

The following day I went on a two day trip to the Daintree rainforest which is the oldest rainforest in the world even though its pretty small compared with the Amazon for example it contains i think 25% of Austrlaians wildlife with thousands of species of insects. I have to say I was a little jumpy about every spider I saw because I didn't know which ones could kill me, also you aren't allowed in the sea here because there are jellyfish that can kill you and also crocs everywhere!

On the morning travelling to the rainforest we heard a tsunami warning over the radio and at that point we were right next to the sea so we made it to higher ground, as it turned out there were no effects here but a lot of people were really scared as this the first tsunami warning they have ever had.

We also went on a croc cruise and saw a 2.5m croc the really big one was hiding still it was pretty cool. Yesterday I spent the day in Cairns and today i'm in a little seaside town called Palm cove there's loads of five star resorts here very nice.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb