Entry 12 - Mossman


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mossman
June 8th 2011
Published: June 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Cairns at about lunch time. Ash and I wanted to go to the skate park. We found a massive one next the beach – the largest public skate park in Australia. It was during school hours so there were no kids there . Ash and I got stuck in a massive bowl which we eventually got out by pulling ourselves up. After the skate park I stacked just riding along the esplanade footpath. That night we Palm Cove, right beside the beach.
We drove to Kuranda, up in the mountains and rainforest. We looked around the markets then went to ‘Birdworld’. I didn’t want to go in but then I did and then I didn’t want to leave. The birds sat on your shoulders and hands and flew all over the place. Ash was a bit frightened. We got to feed them. We also visited Barron Gorge Falls and did the canopy walk.
That night we stayed at Norm and Jan’s who are the parents of Scott, who is married to Julia, who is the sister of Mel who is our special friend. Norm and Jan became our special friends. They had a massive garden where they grow bananas, many kinds of coconuts (I liked the dwarf Malay), dragon fruit , tomatoes, passion fruit, star fruit, galangal, tumeric, and green beans. They also had coconut eating chicken’s and probably a million other things that I can’t think of. Oh yeah, bees as well.
The next day we went on a Quicksilver cruise out to the outer Great Barrier reef and did some snorkeling. It was AWESOME. It took an hour and a half to get there.There were millions of fish, giant clams and a lot of cool coral. We swam for hours. There was also a semi sub that we had a tour in. I touched a Giant Trevele and a sergeant major. The next morning we went for a day trip into the Daintree forest and up to Cape Tribulation. We did four little walks in the rainforests. Ash and I tried to catch little fish using our crocs as nets but they were to fast for us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Drinking coconut juice with NormDrinking coconut juice with Norm
Drinking coconut juice with Norm

This was a Malay dwarf coconut


8th June 2011

Your blog
Hey Jarrah, Damon and i are really enjoying reading about all of your adventures and seeing the fantastic photos. Keep having a great time and we look forward to the next instalment. Love Debby and Damon
9th June 2011

chilling out
Hi Jazz and the Forrer crew...i still reckon you could write a book on skate parks. So when do you guys get to kick back and chill out...you are packing a lot in.It snow in Bogong over the last 2 days...and yes we did canoe in the snow with all those grade 5/6 crazies.
10th June 2011
Quiksilver reef adventure

great to see you
Hey Forrer Forest. It's the Cootee Crew. Wonder how you are all going often. Thanks for the correspondence. Billster can't wait to see Ash...it has been too long for him! Keep having a awesome time altogether. Love to all. H

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb