Day 38: The Sunshine Coast‏


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mooloolah
January 16th 2013
Published: January 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a great nights sleep in our luxury apartment (but feeling a little stiff from surfing) we headed off early to walk along to the Sand Blow for views of Rainbow Beach and Double Island. The Sand Blow is essentially a huge sand dune that runs down onto the beach, weaving its way in between the coloured cliffs. The views extend all the way over to Fraser Island. Our next stop was an hour down the road to the local Eumundi markets. There were hundreds of stalls and crowds of people - the busiest place we've been yet! Our afternoon was then spent at Noosa National Park, walking along the coastal path and spotting the wildlife. We saw our first Koala (sleeping in a tree), a huge lizard (lace monitor) and possums. We booked a hostel in Mooloolaba for the night, a pretty chilled out coastal town.

Bailey's bit:

Noosa Heads seemed a nice place, and the wildlife walk was pretty cool although it went on for over 5k, what we saw was picturesque. While walking the beachfront esplanade there was a fire throwing display going on, however it was a try it yourself thing, so obviously I had to have a go. Unsurprisingly I wasn't great but good fun to try, the instructor said the worst thing you could do was burn yourself...funny that!

Daily mileage: 4 short run round rainbow beach running up to the sandblow as well as into the town. Hopefully get out for some sort of session in Mooloolaba.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



19th January 2013

I am lay in bed reading through you updated blogg again!!!!, I look like a "cheshire cat", your info & photos are amazing, so jealous! x

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb