Mission beach a.k.a paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
November 21st 2012
Published: November 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

From Cairns we hopped on a 2 hour bus to mission beach at 7:25am... Mission beach is a very big place and we had met some people in Cairns that reccomended we stay at scottys beach house if we wanted to party or Mission beach retreat if we wanted to chill. We were good boys and decided to stay at mission beach retreat which was a great decision. We were in the middle of nowhere in a town that seemed like it had about 7 people living in it. It was really nice to relax (and not drink anything!). The beach was the closest thing to paradise that I have ever seen and it went on for miles, for the first time in my life I had felt warm sea which was really weird and also pretty annoying when you want to cool down as a warm bath doesnt really help.

Mission beach is known for it's skydives but we weren't quite that brave. The closest thing to a skydive was trying to climb down from our top bunks on our old wobbily bunkbeds which was scary enough for me. The hostel was nice and i'm guessing they have great weather all year round as the kitchen didnt have any windows so we were basically outside.

This is a great place and definitely the most picturesque place we've been so far. When places are that beautiful it makes you forget the negative pointa like the massive cockroaches and spiders in the kitchen, and getting electric shocks from the bathroom light!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb