Exploring Fraser island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maryborough
November 13th 2013
Published: October 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had to wake up early to drive to Hervey Bay and all three of us were very tired. But we had pree-booked a tour to explore Fraser Island which left at 8.30 am so there was no time to be slow. Fraser Island is the world biggest sand island and world heritage listed by UNESCO.



We spent the day exploring and got to see things like the central station, Lake McKenzie, Seventyfive-mile beach, Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck and The Pinnacles Colored Sands. The island was stunningly beautiful. We had buffet for lunch at Eurong Beach Resort which was included in the price of the tour. The price was 160 AUD per person as we got the Off Peak Price. The tour also included the national park fees and the fully-day guided 4WD tour. The tour ended in the afternoon and the ferry back left at 5 pm and we got back to Hervey Bay at 5.30. Then we got in our rental car and drove back to the hotel.

At the hotel we changed and got ready for dinner. Then we drove back to Hervey Bay to eat. The food was delicious and we were all very satisfied. After dinner we went down to the beach and just sat there and talked for a while before we jumped in the car and drove back to the hotel again.



At the hotel we got ready for bed and fell asleep early in order to be ready for our upcoming adventures the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb