Passing time in Maryborough


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maryborough
June 6th 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Pre-trip preparations in MelbournePre-trip preparations in MelbournePre-trip preparations in Melbourne

Almost ready to go. We've go the Lonely Planet Guides, Immodium (hope we don't need to use it) and sunscreen.
Our first blogging experience. It will be interesting to see if we keep it going. The challenge will be to write something vaguely entertaining that doesn't read like a scientific paper. There's a pretty good chance that all writing will be done by Deb. We've started this blog early so that we can make sure that Deb's mother can access and read it.

It's officially Day 1 of Deb's holidays and we are in Maryborough, Queensland. Perhaps not the most direct route to Turkey but it is where Deb's mother lives and where we are leaving the dog for the next 7 weeks. We arrived here two days ago but so far have done nothing. Deb came down with a bad cold on the day we left and so has spent the last 2 days moping around her mother's house - at least we hadn't seriously started our travels.

We've enjoyed watching our dog and Deb's mother's dog getting to know each other again and starting to play together. It took all of 30 seconds. Since then their days seem to alternate between periods of chasing each other around and then sleeping in the sun.

It's a
Man and dog in MaryboroughMan and dog in MaryboroughMan and dog in Maryborough

Terry and Jackie spending some quality time during post-breakfast coffee in the sun
beautiful day here today and we'll probably go for a walk later. Deb wants to practice with her new camera.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb