Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
October 25th 2011
Published: October 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 43, 24/10/11
We caught the half 10 ferry to Magnetic Island from Towsnville and arrived at the hostel at just gone 11. We soon discovered that the Island was incredibly boring and there is extremely little to do here and that 3 nights here was a big mistake so we took a walk to one of the beaches in the afternoon for something to do. We decided to hire a topless (soft top) car tomorrow and explore the island that way so we walked down to their office and reserved our place.
We came back to the hostel to cook dinner only to find the kitchen facilities were dire but after a bit of struggle and working out which hobs worked and which ones didn't we managed to somehow get pork chops, pasta and broccolli for dinner, this hostel isn't great. We didn't really do a lot after that apart from go on the internet and sleep until the morning.

Day 44, 25/10/11
Got picked up at half 8 this morning to go and pick up our topless car and we were driving by 10 to 9. We have done so much today it's unreal. We took a trip to the wildlife sanctuary where you stroke turtles, hold 2 lizards and a crocodile, feed a bird a sunflower seed with your mouth so you are practically kissing it. You also hug a Koala and have a Snake around your neck which freaked me out big time. I loved it there but we had plenty more to do so after lunch we went to feed the wild Rock Wallabies with some food we had bought earlier; they were so cute and really got close to you for some food. Finally to end our day we took a walk, the walk was called the Forts walk where you see wild Koala's and all the ruins from stuff used in the war - I didn't really know the history on the war ruins but they looked intersting and we saw some good views. And of course, we got around the island in a snazzy little topless car!
Came back for dinner and a drink which were free tonight from the hostel, as was breakfast this morning, as we had a voucher. Not much to do again in the evening so back on the internet and then sleep - Evenings are boring here!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb