Magnetic Island ...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
September 2nd 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Went around the island on the moke, which i love and i've decided i have to live permanently on an island so that it can be my full-time car. The island is really nice, it reminds me a bit of Waiheke Island, i don't know why as it's actually nothing like Waiheke apart from the fact it's also an island. You also really got that tropical holiday feel zooming around the little roads in the moke. A lot of the island can only be got to by 4WD so we saw as much as we could (it's only about 15 minutes to drive from one end to the other, so it didn't take very long!) We went down to Picnic Bay, but it was quite windy so came back up to Alma Bay to sunbathe and have a picnic on the beach. Unfortunately then we had to take the lovely mini moke back :-( Goodbye Spongebob Squarepants!

We spent the evening at the Friday night market in Arcadia which was v. cute - basically 2 stalls and a bar in the village hall. We had the world's most expensive cup of coffee and cake and an old guy called Hoyt came over to talk to us. He was really nice and easy to talk to and invited us to lunch tomorrow - something slightly creepy about him though, so we made our excuses and hopped on the bus. Cue loads of jokes about how he was probably the next Ed Gein (these are the things we joke about, we're such lunatics). I think he'd eyed up my pot belly for a nice skin lampshade! Had fajitas at Horseshoe Bay and then Lucy watched the cheesefest "Armageddon" that i couldn't bring myself to watch so i caught up on emails.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb