Day 41: Heading back up north to Hervey Bay‏


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
January 19th 2013
Published: January 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

There were a couple of things we couldn't squeeze in on our first trip down, Queensland's largest island Fraser Island and the Turtle Rookery at Mon Repos. So we headed back up north in Maurice (our trusty campervan).
We had a quick stop off at the Glass House Mountains in the morning; these amazing mountains are the peaks of once volcanoes that now just suddenly appear out out of the dense forest as you're driving along.
We arrived in Hervey Bay in the afternoon and set up camp. We had a bit of a relax with a quick game of chess in the pool (Budapest style!) and sorted some laundry etc. Tomorrow we have a jam-packed day of activities!

Bailey's bit:

So after the cliffhanger last night we woke early, as we hadn't closed all the curtains and the sunlight came streaming in. I jumped out to find the campsite office already open, luckily she was pleased we hadn't tried to wake her at the late hour and gave us a big discount as we had stayed in the car park! During our game of chess in the pool I made some bad tactical errors and nearly lost the game, but was able to turn it round at the death! (Still unbeaten against Cat) We have a proper campsite today and hooked up Maurice to the electricity and made full use of all his appliances, it's like home away from home!

Daily mileage: 6 as I didn't have a clue where we were in the morning I put the run back to the evening and ran down the esplanade in Hervey Bay. Although I couldn't see much, I could hear the ocean on the beach so will have a look tomorrow morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb