hervey bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
March 18th 2012
Published: March 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On the road, near Rockhampton, we stopped at the Capricorn Caves, a set of dry caves that houses a chapel for weddings!



On Friday we arrived in Agnes Waters and spent the day on the beach then camped round the horn at the Town of 1770- marking the spot and year where Captain Cook landed. 1770 is a simply stunning bay, small beach, sunset and an open air bar overlooking the yachts. The small bay is flanked on one side by the harbour woods and over the water by a range of gentle hills- just like a certain Scottish bay! We broke rank with camping and had a great meal at the bar and plenty of Cooper’s Pale Ales to see us to bedtime.



Back on the Bruce Highway we arrived in Hervey Bay for the weekend,a big seaside town of the English type including a few dodgy tourist atractions. Vic's Shark world, in the name of some maverick Hervey Bay shark hunter, is a collection a dodgly laminated newspaper cuttings of shark attacks and a chiller truck container housing one of his biggest catches- a slowly decaying Jaws. Much better is Reef World where you can stroke and feed the giant turtles and feed the sharks with fish.

On the road tomorrow to Tin Can Bay to feed the dolphins!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb