Leaving Heron Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Heron Island
May 16th 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we were leaving our little bit of paradise on Heron Island, so we packed up our suitcases and went to the restaurant to enjoy our last buffet breakfast.

After breakfast we checked out and headed to the pool deck where Will used the time productively to sort out the hundreds of photos that we had taken in the last few days and Jo spent a few hours soaking up the sun and watching the crabs fighting on the rocks along the shoreline.

Before we knew it it was lunch time but neither of us were really hungry after all the food in the last couple of days and so made a poor effort at the buffet.

After lunch we made our way over to the jetty to catch the ferry back to the mainland. As we arrived at the jetty we could see another boat which was just leaving the Island and was being tossed about like a toy in the rough seas. Jo decided that this journey would require some sea sickness tablets so headed back to the Island store - and she was later very glad of that decision as the journey back to the mainland was pretty rough.

Once back in Gladstone we caught a shuttle bus up to the transit centre where we had 5 hours to wait until our coach to Hervey Bay would arrive. We spent the time in a coffee shop where we could make use of the wifi to do a couple of Skype calls and upload our blogs. The time passed by quickly and we were soon on the over night coach to Hervey Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb