Port Douglas to Palm Cove


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
July 28th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Drove to Port Douglas for the market on Sunday morning. I spotted Steve & Jenni (our friends from the Craft Markets). We had a chat then we left to go to Palm Cove to get a camp site. For tea, we had a roast at the Life Saving Club. Mum was happy to have a roast for tea for a change. Went to Cairns in the morning to book our cruise to the Great Barrier Reef on Quicksilver. Came back to camp and Steve & Jenni rocked up to see us. We had a long chat with them, then Kate & I went with them to have a swim in the pool at their resort. The pool was huge, so was the beach ball. There was a beach pool, spa and a heated pool. We stayed in the pool for a while, until Mum and Dad arrived. I got out and we went to their apartment to get changed. Went for tea at an authentic Italian Pizzeria. The pizza was nice.

In the morning we got up early to go on the cruise. We had to be there by 9.15am. It left at 10am. On board we had a ginger tablet to help with sea sickness. We heard half the crew had taken one, so we thought it a good idea too. It was going to be a rough day. On the way there Kate, Dad & I went out to the bow and got wind blown. We then went out the back. It was a fair while until we got to the pontoon. When we got there, we had lunch and we had a look around. We sent down into the underwater observatory. I saw a diver and about a 45cm long fish. We went on the glass bottom boat and saw coral and fish and a reef shark and all sorts of things. Came back with a pretty bumpy ride. We got out and went snorkelling. I went in the water first. It was cold getting in, but once you jumped in, it was warm. When I was snorkelling I saw a 1.5m fish. I went down close and rubbed my hand down it’s back. It was kooky. We were swimming in the Great Barrier Reef, at Agincourt Reef, the outermost reef. We saw lots of fish and coral. On the ride back home, it was very choppy and about 1/6th of the passengers were sick or looking sick. I felt fine. It was a really fun day!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb