Goondiwindi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Goondiwindi
July 13th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 13th July
Packed up and headed to Goondiwindi, Qld (just over the boarder of NSW) along the Newell Highway - not impressed with this road - very rough and lots and lots of intimidating semi-trailers. Just out of Moree we received 2 chips in the windscreen from a stone flung up from a passing truck. Gave us both a big shock - the windscreen did not shatter just left two large chips.
Booked into the Gundy Star Caravan Park for 2 nights ($28pn) which did not look too flash with the highway on one side and the railway line on the other side but turned out to be a lot of fun. The park supplied a damper and coffee each night around a wood fire which is a great way to meet fellow caravaners. We also had two couples parked next to us who were real characters and we had drinks the last night.
We stayed an extra night to have the windscreen fixed. We thought about looking for work here but it did not look too affluent so we did not bother and thought we would have more of a chance in Toowoowmba so this it were we will head on Saturday.
Checked out the statue of Gunnsynd (Goondiwindi Grey) - there was not a lot to take photos of here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb