Better late than never...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
November 4th 2004
Published: November 4th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Well..

It's all gone wrong and I've got behind on the blog.

So here's my attempt at some kind of catch up on what I've been upto for the last couple of weeks.

Firstly.. the wierdiest thing happened.. I ran into Robin Stacey.. can you believe it... ok not really. Heres what Ive been upto.. pictures to come when I have broadeth banddeth again.


Mission Beach
--------------

Really chilled out little town with beautiful beaches and a good atmosphere. Spent a few days just taking it easy.

Airley Beach
------------

Got Pissed. Sunbathed. Thats it. Basically Blackpool with a tropical climate. Tacky but fun.

Whitsunday Islands
------------------

Went on a three day live aboard sailing trip around the Whitsunday Islands. The whitsundays is a group of 100+ islands off the coast of Australia. The boat had capacity for 30 people and was a proper sailing ship with all the winches, ropes, sales and sailing required you would expect.. eg all the people in the boat, as well as doing all the sight seeing of places like whitehaven beach, did loads of proper sailing as well. The boat competed in a number of round the world races in the 90s so it was pretty cool. Trip involved seeing some of the sites the whitsundays had to offer, intermingled with getting pissed, snorkelling and random swimming around the boat. Great!

Town of 1770
-------------

The town of 1770 is one of the only beautiful coast stops which hasn't been spoilt by Tourism. We stayed in an amazing hostel which was basically like the big brother house. It was run by a surfer couple who were really laid back. The guy was a chef and would cook every night and if you wanted some you could pay the equivalent of 2.50 for resteraunt standard grub. Read lots of books and basically got pissed and played the guitar with random people most evenings. Also found a golf driving range near by and hit some balls each day.


Rainbow Beach
-------------

I small town which is basically the gateway to Frazer Island. Just a few hostels and some shops. Spent a couple of days painting a digiridoo which you PlusNet guys can expect to recieve in the next few weeks to look after until my return to sunny Britain. Look after it!. Also went on a afternoon Kyack trip where you rode the waves and watched dolphins.

Fraser Island
-------------

Tremendous. Went on a 3 day 4 wheel drive camping trip. Basically they mix 11 people together.. stick you in a Toyota landcruiser with a load of camping equipment, food and an itinerary for your trip (that you don't have to stick to) and off you go. Was 8 girls and 3 guys on my trip so me and one of the other guys did a lot of the driving and man type stuff like fires, dealing with dingos and insects while the women argued about what to do with the food (women reading this.. hey it just worked out that way!). So we saw all the famous sites on the islands like its huge clear fresh water lakes.. ran around in the sea naked.. even though you werent meant to go in because of sharks 8-P.. got annoyed with stuck up germans in the car and basically got dirty and had a great time.


Noosa
-----

A small town in which we stayed in a hippy type hostel. Basically smoked weed and had long random conversations with people.


Theres loads more to tell but thats pretty much the general gist. Still travelling with Emma and Kristy.. and picked up a guy called Adam for a bit.. but he decided to stay in Noosa to have surf lessons for a week. In a place called byron bay for three days.. Then off to Brisbain for 2 days.. Then down to sydney to meet my mum circa the 13th.

After that I plan to go to New Zealand for a few months which is a change of plan... but I decided that while I was in this part of the world, and I can get there for about 150 pounds return I shouldn't pass up the opportunity. I also have some free accomodation lined up with someone I met in Cairns and have stayed in touch with.

All good really.

Hope you are all well and I miss you all (but obviously not in a gay way)

PS : Bush back in.. Can't believe it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb