WoOOOAAAA Daintree!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Daintree
February 13th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

OMG what a few days we have had some stunning views as we left cairns both excited about the next few days!

I have a few facts for you that you may or may not know but i thought they were pretty interesting

So we got dropped off at a place called PK's which was lovely had a pool and a stunning beach but you couldnt swim as the stingers would most definatly kill you! the company messed up our bus so we stayed there for another 2 hours which was fine coz we just went down to the beach and watched the world go by which i am more than happy to do 😊

we were dropped of by the owner of PK and he looked worried for us telling us that there were definalty snakes and spiders in where we were about to stay but we both thought we arnt wimps so grined and walked in watching him drive off into the distance....big mistake!

we went up to reception and the lady had a bandage no her neck butshe seemed nice and friendly told us there were wheelbarrows to take our bags to the room.. well the room wasnt a room it was a tent with holes in slightly lifted above the ground! as we wheeled our bags to the 'room' we both looked at each other and laughed thinking what have we agreed to stay in here?! so walking past spider after spider hanging waiting for us to brush past we got more nervous being hot sweat dripping off us as we were in the dense jungle! we decided to leave our bags and see what our room was like before luggin the 23kg thing into the tent! well there was a geco on the bed and spider webs hanging everywhere, not to mention the huge huntsman just outside it... the toilets were a little walk and didnt fancy walking past it in the night! so we both stood in this tent room for about 5-10 mins jumping at every crack squark and hiss thinking it was on us..which quickly evoled into tears from both of us it was im a celeb time a 10000000! trust me! so we went to recpetion apologised that this place wasnt what we had been told and what could we do about the situation being stuck in the middle of the rainforest!she said we would have to ask one of the men playing pool if they would give us a lift and they said they wouldnt the nightmare continued continued by more crying haha!

anyway so we were all good after we found a new place to stay and had a fairly jumpy nights sleep. the next day we went to find a local watering hole called hutchinson creek and swam there for a few hours which was amazing! then we headed down to port douglas to stay there for the night, went to see a beautiful sunset with a picnic.

will write more soon but dont have the time sorry this is very late but i will try to be better after this boat trip 😊 xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb