Bundaberg and Childers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Childers
July 31st 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 30th July
Had another great night at the carvan park with a sing a long with the words to songs on a big screen. One of the owners of the park, Brendon, with his daughter and wife helped with some of the singing. It was a little cool again so everyone only stayed until about 7.30 then back to the vans to get warm.
Sunday 31st July
Headed to Childers to check out the Multicultural festival and to see the pub John's brother Bill used to own. It was the Grand Hotel in the main street of Childers and now it is all trendy with a new front bar and polished floors etc and a trendy beer garden out the back - Bill would be very surprised. We stayed at this pub when we did our first trip east in 1978.
The festival was just huge with many thousand's of people attenting - we only stayed a short while because you could hardly move down the main street. We will head back to Childers another time and have a drink and a meal at the Grand Hotel and check it out a little better.
Headed back to Bundy buying some pineapples from a road side stall to have at home then checked out the main streed of Bundaberg while most of the shops where closed as this main street is very busy during the week days. Most shops were shut but many were open.
I have added some photos of our garden setting at the Glenlodge Caravan Park and all the caravans down our street - this park has been full everynight we have been here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



31st July 2011

From Dennis & michelle
Great photos Sue & John, Keep travelling north & we will meet you soon . Did you get our travell blogs . P.S. We are leaving for the cape tomorrow Cheers Shelly & Dennis xxx

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb