CAPE TRIBULATION


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
August 24th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The "Bloomfield Track" was a briliant scenic drive from Cooktown to Cape Tribulation. It is a 4x4 track and a great short cut. It was well graded but very very steep and windy.

Lots of things to stop and look at on the way.

A very big crocodile sunning itself on the bank of the Daintree River (sorry no photo, couldn't stop).

The Bloomfield Falls which are just before you cross the river are worth the walk to look at. Peter got there way ahead of me as he dosen't seem to notice the rocks etc that you have to scramble over. If you look closely he is actually in the photo...just a long way away.

River is now easy to cross as it has a concrete causeway, apparently it used to be a tricky crossing but is nice and easy now.



We camped for a few days at "Rainforest Village" in Cape Tribulation. What a view of the Daintree Rainforest! Most nights we had the place almost to ourselves.

There are lots of rainforest walks to do here and some great beaches too.

We watched "Boris" the resident crocodile of "Lync-Haven"get some fish for breakfast and then had some breakfast ourselves in their great coffee shop with snakes and parrots and freshwater crocs all there in the cafe with you!

Tried the local icecream, some very unusual flavours all made there on the property from the exotic fruits they grow.



Took a stroll down the beach at Cape Kimberly and ended up with silver glitter stuck all over us! Not sure whatt it was exactly but it looks very sparkly and shiny. Must be some sort of mineral in the sand (maybe Mica?)



Some very lucky people live here in this Daintree rainforest area. We spent alot of time driving around and looking at all the unusual houses and very lavish houses too. Daydreamed alot about buying a rainforest block and living off the grid...Who knows? No time for that now we have the whole of Australia to look at first!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb