Crocodiles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
August 13th 2011
Published: August 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

G'day guys!

I am still having a ball here in Australia - can't believe I'm half-way through the trip already!
I wanted to post some photos today, but the internet access here is free, but limited and they don't allow uploading stuff! Ah well...

Today we went into the Daintree rainforest. We did a couple of guided walks on the forest floor, which was great. The guide pointed out all the poisoness plants, etc and I got a few shots of insects and lizards.
then we had a cruise up the daintree river, where we saw some crocodiles on the bank - I got some great photos of Nelson, the big male croc, sleeping on the bank! Plus a couple of females and a little hatchling.
We had lunch in a tree house in the forest, then went up to cape trib and saw some magnificent beaches.

Were supposed to be going back to Cairns tomorrow, but didn't really like it there - as I said it was a bit like Blackpool, but full of irritating English teenage backpackers!!
Here in Port Douglas it is a lot quieter - the hostel is cosy and we have a private en-suite room with a TV! And a little garden to sit in and eat and drink wine.....
The town itself is really friendly and the shops and restaurants are lovely - they don't allow McDonalds & stuff here, so that's good!

So we decided to stay an extra 3 days here and enjoy the sun. There is a four mile beach, which is beautiful. Tomorrow we are going to the harbour to get some prawns straight off the fishing boats, then have a look at the Sunday markets. Then mabe relax on the beach...

Monday is Great Barrier Reef day, so looking forward to that - I am going to try a bit of snorkling. Must see if I can find a way to upload some pics....

Be back again soon

Ruby 😊

Advertisement



14th August 2011

beaches
I've been to the beach as well - though it was quite as exotic as where you've been - Ramsgate. No crocodiles, but I did see a couple of starfish. Looking forward to seeing your latest photos when you can upload them. Hope you enjoy(ed) the scuba diving. Rather you than me ! Take care, and carry on enjoying yourself.
17th August 2011

london
hope the riots hve died down now - sounded asful from over here.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb