East coast of Australia - Cape Tribulation to the Whitsundays


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
December 16th 2007
Published: December 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Cairns we took a tour up to Cape Tribulation where we did a couple of walks around the rainforest, Mossman Gorge and took a boat ride along the river. We stayed in a hostel in the rainforest for 2 nights which was a great experience.
The next day we went out on a boat onto the Great Barrier Reef where I did a couple of dives - saw loads of fish, coral, and a black-tipped shark.

After Cape Trib, we headed back down the coast to Cairns for one more night, and then onwards to Townsville and to Magnetic Island - took a kayak out on the sea, and enjoyed the day relaxing on the beach (couldn't swim in the sea because of the jellyfish) and by the pool.

From Magnetic Isalnd we continues down to Airlie Bach where we went out on the 'Matador' (ex-international racing boat) sailing around the Whitsundays for a few days. With 33 people, in addition to the crew, it was packed on the boat but great fun. Claire and I met a good group of people with whom we spent most of our time. During the time on the boat I did some more diving and snorkelling, and we were also given the chance to help with the sails/rigging.




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb