Our first day in the wonderful city off Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
November 21st 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We were going to depart from Arlanda and the destination was Cairns Australia. It was expected to be a long flight and we knew we wanted to benefit from the trip. We downloaded a large amount of movies to keep ourselves entertained and that getting bored was not an option during our forty hour flight. We bought as many sweets as we could carry to keep us awake at least the first half of the flight. There were not any toddlers aboard the plane and no one was disturbing or making noise therefore we were extremely grateful for our safe and quiet flight. I watched four movies before I fell asleep however my friends were still awake. After a period of time I was woken by a little noise and noticed that the flight attendant was providing everyone with free meals, when I got my meal I partially ate it and went back to sleep. We landed early on a Saturday morning and felt refreshed and we were looking towards the activities we had planned for the next five days in the foreign country and we would not want to waste time.



A taxi drove us from the airport to our hotel the Coral Tree Inn that was located in the outskirts of the city and near the ocean. The hotel was located perfectly to reach all the parts of town that we were interested in for the short time we were going to live in Cairns.

When we arrived at the hotel and checked in at the counter we started preparing for the skydiving session, however we did not know what we were supposed to pack down therefore we packed additional clothes and walked a few hundred meters toward the skydiving facility. We assumed that we were diving solo however we were untrained and had no experience and had to dive with professionals.



After the skydiving session we were exhausted and went back to the hotel to relax and enjoy what they had to offer us. Jimmy and I went to the massage parlor and got an incredibly long and stimulating session while Mohamed and Matin where off exploring the city and they did not seem in anyway tired additionally I had planned for a luxurious dinner in the afternoon and Jimmy and I wanted to be as fresh as possible.





Afterwards we all gathered at the hotel and headed for a nearby five stars restaurant that had excellent reviews and the reviews suggested that everybody loved their food. I was specially craving a well staked beef and rice, Jimmy ordered sea food, Mohamed ordered the chiefs specialty and Matin ordered desert we did not at first comprehend why he would order that but he explained that he already had eaten and wanted desert. Later on we all went to our rooms to sleep because we decided that we needed to sleep to cope with the challenges Matin had planned for us tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb