G'Day! Superquick post from northeastern Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
November 1st 2007
Published: November 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is just a quick posting as it's the first time I've had internet access in a week and am trying to keep from glueing myself to the laptop. We've finished a week starting in the northern coastal town of Cairns (where we boated out to the Reef), then drove up to the Daintree National Park, and today visited Mossman Gorge (and later had our best meal of the trip in a whistle-stop cafe in Mossman) and have finished the day in a totally 50's era motor hotel in the Atherton Tablelands.

We've been in Australia for a week now and the absolutely best thing so far has been the time out at the Great Barrier Reef. As they say, they don't call it Great for nothin'...

At one point all four of us had just jumped into the water from our boat and were gathered together in the water and Steve yelled out "We're in THE GREAT BARRIER REEF!" which completely summed our feelings, too. It was beyond beautiful, one of the greatest sights I've ever seen. I'm not being descriptive or anything, since I've only got a few minutes to pound out this entry before I log off.

Just letting y'all know we're safe, sound, hot and happy.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb