Mike, Dave & Sue follow the Lions 2013(7)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Spring Hill
June 20th 2013
Published: June 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Due to the crap Internet signal in the apartment which keeps dropping out this was missed off the end of last blog:

Deciding not to join the local winos for Meths and White Lightning in the park we returned home for a siesta before crossing the road to the Alliance Hotel, a Gastro pub of some renown. We intended to eat and watch the Brumbies vs Lions game on the big screen. Being a bit slow on the uptake we allowed ourselves to be directed into the restaurant rather than the bar. Dave and Sue had Baramundi and I had Crab spaghetti. Both were nice but not large portions and a bit pricey. We got to the bar as the game started. XXXX was watery but the Tooheys better. However, they had the Socceroos vs Iran in a World Cup match on the bigger screen and the volume on whilst the Lions game was on the smaller screen with the sound down. We chatted to the Landlord who turned out to be an ex Wallabies 7's player. He said he'd be playing in the Lions Vs Wallabies Classic game in Sydney later in the tour. We tried hinting we'd like tickets to that but without success😞 so we stayed till half time and went back to watch the second half in the apartment. Not a great game for us but not surprising when you see the team selected, obviously to protect the Test team for Saturday.

I stayed up till 3am hoping to watch Graham's graduation ceremony on the internet only to find I couldn't view the HTML5 viewer for Flashplayer the site used! Oh we'll, DVD to follow I'm assured.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb