SING 'AULD LANG SYNE'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
July 14th 2012
Published: July 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

13 July Will the rain ever stop?

Today is the last school day of the students at Shafston. All students said goodbye to their teachers and classmates after the lesson. They also took photos with each other and exchanged contact details for future correspondence. I am not sure if the sutdents got great improvement in their English. But at least they had a valuable opportunity to make friends with other students who came from different parts of the world. They also learnt how to be independent and take care of themselves and even other people.

After lunch, we went to the China Town in Brisbane and had a walk there. The China Town was rather small in comparison with China Towns in other big cities like New York, London or even Sydney.

A simple graduation ceremony was arranged for the students at about 4 o’clock in the afternoon. We had a special guest at the ceremony Do you know who he was? It was John, our Mr. John Croft! He just arrived at Brisbane the night before and he came to participate in the graduation ceremony. All of us were surprised and happy to see him here!



14 July Finally there is the blue sky again! But what a pity that we are leaving today.

The group gathered at the school at 8:15 in the morning. All students said goodbye to their homestay families and then we took a coach to the airport. The flight took off at 11:45 in the morning with stopping-over at Cairns for one hour. The plane arrived at Hong Kong Airport at about 8:05 in the evening and ended the two weeks’ study tour. Everyone felt tired but certainly fruitful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb