The good life


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bowen
September 9th 2009
Published: September 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We barely had a chance to settle back into our unit in Bowen, and next thing we know Brett's parents, Mike and Robyn who were here for a few more days still decided to surprise us with a little change of scenery for the next couple days. Well maybe not the scenery so much, but definitly an upgrade in accommodations for 2 nights! On their daily walk to the beach at Horseshoe Bay, they decided to pop into the Coral Cove Apartments just for a little look, and next thing they knew the manager was showing them a couple rooms and then of course the Jr Penthouse... and next thing they knew they were booked in for 2 nights! And I mean how could you not, looking at the place and the view and everything. It was absolutely beautiful. They had originally been planning on heading over to Hamilton Island for the last couple days before they flew back to Sydney, but with Brett's leg, and us having to stay a bit longer in Singapore, our visiting time was cut short. So it was really nice for all of us. Felt like we were on holiday (from our holiday!).

The apartments are only a 5 minute walk from where we are staying but has a slightly different view, and with a 180 degree deck with bbq, patio table, lounge chairs - there wasn't a bad view in the house! It was wonderful. We made some good dinners, had brekky on the deck, Brett and I spent time by the pool (me in the pool, Brett's not allowed), while Mike and Robyn went snorkelling. It was really relaxing and just what the doctor ordered after a stressful few days, and a late anniversary present for Mike and Robyn (little did they know they would be sharing it with us!).

We drove Mike and Robyn down to Airlie Beach where they then caught the ferry over to Hamilton Island where they were able to get a direct flight down to Sydney. Then it was one night in Wollongong and visiting their family down there, then back to Vancouver the following morning. We were all pretty sad to be packing up and leaving the"penthouse", and are still trying to figure out if we can buy it.... Not quite. More like keep buying those lotto tickets!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Brett enjoying his favorite - a flat white.Brett enjoying his favorite - a flat white.
Brett enjoying his favorite - a flat white.

Which is basically like a latte, but with a little less milk.


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb