Exploring in the heat


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Birdsville
June 5th 2010
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 58
Sean and I head out around 9:30 to check out the town and get some info on the desert, which is why we are here. And to my surprise its still closed due to flooding, dammit, all this way for nothing. The government site sadi it would be open in june but I guess not. It’s a big let down but we deal with it and make the best of a bad situation. We run back to camp and grab Jackie and head to the Working Museum, what a collection, everything from food tins to pumps that still work from the 1800's. The owners even gave a show of some of the working artifacts, like - a cardboard recordplayer for missionaries, water powered mixing bowl, and some WWI and 2 artifacts. It was a good time. We ended up spending some 2 hours in there, definitely worth the 10 dollar entry fee. We head back to camp and Sean and I take off again south of town this time only to find the roads closed, there goes my plan of heading south. Lol. So we explore a bit, cross a river and do some offroading. But deside to turn back only 1km in since the trail disappeared.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb