Agnes Water and the wonder that is the Great Barrier Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
April 28th 2009
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We booked into a great little hostel with a crap name in Agnes Water. 'Cool Bananas'? - ridiculous. However, the place had a really good feel about it, people were friendly and the beds were possibly the most comfortable that we have slept in, in a hostel. They also did great 5 dollar meals every night and we enjoyed a roast dinner, reminiscing about the time that we last had one cooked for us (oh, about a month ago but it seemed ages!).
Agnes Water is a small little town with the most fabulous beaches (Workmans Beach to name but one) and fantastic scenery. We did a 15 dollar tour of both Agnes Water and the town of 1770 - so named as this is when Captain Cook landed there - and although there isn't really that much to do in either, they are both so quiet and pretty that we really appreciated just being able to be somewhere where it was just nice to take in the scenery and not do very much at all. Having said that, we did go on a trip to Lady Musgrave Island and snorkelled around the southern most tip of the Great Barrier Reef, swimming with various beautiful sea life and even spotting a turtle! The trip out wasn't all that pleasant - it was the first time I had ever felt seasick - but luckily, with a few kwells down our necks, the trip back wasn't too bad.
Doing naff all seems to be a bit of a theme for us lately as it was exactly the case when a few days later we moved on to our next destination, Mission Beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb