DAY TWO - Around The Bonfire With Harry (Traditional Elder)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
September 14th 2013
Published: September 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Towards the end of the day, after singing with the Mutitjulu children at Uluru, the groups returned to the Mutitjulu Community Centre for basketball, football (AFL), a tasty barbecue and a roaring bonfire. The crew began preparing the celebratory feast by cooking up 20 trays of sausages, a mountain of fillets of chicken and buttering 20 loaves of bread. As the smell of food wafted through the air, the whole the Mutitjulu Community descended, including grandparents, parents, uncles, aunties, siblings and cousins of the children gathered to share in this wonderful festivity.

Before the serving of dinner the Redlands and Mutitjulu children sang for everyone present as a celebration of the achievements of the day. The boding experiences for all the children was uniquely special as they shared stories, played games and sang together.

The evening ended with marshmallows around the bonfire as the children forged their friendships and sang one more time before heading off for a well-earned sleep.

An empowering and unforgettable day was shared by all involved!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb