Queen Mary 2 Day 8-10


Advertisement
Published: March 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10

Jennifer
Do NOT believe the location - the blog will not add where we really are located and we do not know where it is anyway.

Queen Mary Day 8-10



Another relaxing day at sea. A few interesting sea creatures were seen. Sea snakes and what appeared to be flying fish. They look like birds but because we are so high up it is hard to tell. Passed quite a few Indonesian fishing vessels. There was also a small amount of rubbish and what could have been a large sea creature may also have been a large floating log.



Activities through the day included a crowded session on Borneo and Jenny attended a talk titled “Happy feet, Healthy Feet”. She can now toe the line.



In the evening we attended a show by a comedian named David Copperfield - ”Not the Illusionist, but the Unusualist”. He is an impressionist, comedian, instrumentalist, magician, ventriloquist and a great vocalist. He lived up to his billing and was very good.



The night concluded with a concert given by the ship’s crew. There was a pianist some singers and some acting. Some of it was a little risqué.



Goodnight to 21 March 2014.



Good Morning 22 March 2014.



Another lovely day in paradise traversing the ocean waves north of Australia and west of PNG and commencing the northward run to Borneo. A very relaxing day with some talks in the main theatre. The first talk was by a former Boeing 747 Captain (Kim Sharman) who gave a great insight into the preparation and considerations when flying a 747. He flew the very last one out of the old Hong Kong airport. Had lots of fascinating information. The second was a talk by Ric Smith about China and its role, particularly in relation to Australia and some of the behind the scenes power struggles in their government. Not a very dynamic talk, but interesting.



The afternoon was occupied by doing nothing and I do not know when I will finish doing nothing – it seems good.



Another day of meeting people and having superb food.



Goodnight to 22 March 2014.



Good Morning 23 March 2014, the day on which we crossed the equator.
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10

The onboard casino is packed when it opens for business, even teaching people how to lose money!!
That occurred at 7.00 a.m. and a ceremony to welcome King Neptune was held at 12.15 p.m. under the almost midday sun. Jennifer did some washing and Phillip walked 11 laps of the deck (1.9 laps equals 1 km). Jennifer was supposed to meet Phillip when the washing was done and Phillip would stop walking, somehow the message was muddled and one could have walked all day.



The King Neptune ceremony is a bit childish but somewhat fun. People who have not crossed the equator before are given a bit of a coating of various “gunk” including spaghetti, and other slushy stuff, then after kissing a fish dive into the pool for a rinse.



Afternoon tea and then a formal evening with more great food.



After dinner the Cunard singers and dancers performed an Italian theme night to a packed audience in the Royal Theatre.





Goodnight 23 March 2014.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

A fishing boat or something else heading for Australia from Indonesia
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

The theatre show
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

Swarovski Swan - Ice Sculpture. Went back an hour later and could not find it!!
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

King Neptune Ceremony
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

King Neptune ceremony
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

King Neptune ceremony
QM2 Day 8-10QM2 Day 8-10
QM2 Day 8-10

King Neptune ceremony


Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb