Jumping Croc Cruise and Litchfield National Park


Advertisement
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Anne-Marie and I went on a tour to Litchfield Park today which included a Jumping Croc Cruise. We did the croc cruise first on the Adelaide River, the staff on the boat dangle maet over the side of the boat on a long stick and the crocodiles come up and jump to catch the food. We saw lots of crocs and some of them jumped really high for the meat, it was amazing. It was a bit strange though and they teased the crocodiles quite a bit, they never fed the crocodile on the first jump so that everyone got a good photo and if they didn't think the crocodile was trying hard enough they'd do everything they could to try to get it to jump higher. Poor things. I did get some great photos though!

The first thing we visited in Litchfield National Park was a group of termite mounds and I ate some termites! Yum, taste just like pepper! Really.Then we visited waterfalls and spent some time swimming in the pools at two of them. We went to Wangi Falls, Florence Falls and Buley Rock Pool. The first one we went to was Wangi Falls and I was a bit scared when we saw a Water Python with bats in its stomach swimming in the water just before I got in. The water was lovely though and really warm. We just had a look at Florence Falls and then went for a swim in Buley Rock Pool, which was a bit colder but still nice.

Tonight we went out to eat at The Vic with a girl called Neve who we met on the trip and her friend, Gemma. It's a backpacker bar so we got really cheap food and drinks and the food wasn't too bad!








Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Litchfield National ParkLitchfield National Park
Litchfield National Park

Buley Rock Pool. Me and someone else from our tour! (She told me her name but it was strange and I've forgotten it!)


28th September 2008

Did you really eat a termite?
29th September 2008

Termites, yum!
Four!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb