Day Seventeen


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Katherine
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is Jacqui, acting as Rob's representative. No, nothing.

There was a challenge tonight. Bron and Emma saw 28 geckos. Shocking nights sleep by all last night by all adults and at least 2 children. Emma was still crook with heat stroke/ temperature and tummy ache. And Joe has continued to roll out of his bed and all around the tent, waking all and sundry with his complaints. Anyway, despite this, up and at them this morning and off to the Cutta Cutta Caves. "bomp-bomb" sound effect from 'Family Fued'. They are still having technical problems out there which, apparently means they've had a rock fall. So, 60kms of fuel wasted, second day in a row. We headed back into Katherine and went to the Information centre. From there to the (air conditioned) shopping centre for milk shakes and coffee.

Rob now blogging (somewhat reluctantly but entertainingly still) Back to caravanpark for a swim for doc and kids whilst women folk went shopping, yet again. Blouses all around with the occasional weet bix for kids and hard working blokes. Ro managed to steal away and purchase a brand new huskvana chain saw. MAGNIFICIENT. Now need to find hidey hole in trailer so women folk dont find same. Have arranged for David to text ro with chain saw location within trailer as as cover storey! ie it was there the whole time! Decided to take kids to Kathrine Hot springs for some family entertainment. this is small hot spring, 32 degrees, which flows through narrow passage at a pleasent rate washing willing particpants down to water fall which in turn cascades further down into kathrine gorge/river. Unfortunately one of STOCKER children, Jemima, has not observed the upcoming waterfall and neglected to stop. this has resulted in her, with noodle in hand sliding over water fall and plunging to the rocky depths below much to the despair of Doc who by this stage was groping at thin air in a vain attempt to arrest her fall. As Jemimas feet flailied into the air and then disappeared over the water fall the watching crowd gasped. Doc looks over the edge jof the cascading water to find jemima floating back to thetop of the water surface with a look on her face of "what happened then!" No injuries.
Jac and bron have no comment now.







Advertisement



30th September 2008

Waterfall Flying
Great Work Jemima!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb