Devil’s Marbles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Devils Marbles
September 26th 2012
Published: September 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tropic of CapricornTropic of CapricornTropic of Capricorn

Joan was looking for the line of the ground.
The drive to the Devil’s Marbles was fairly uneventful. Just driving, driving, driving. Then again we did cross the Tropic of Capricorn, fuel at the UFO themed service station and stop in Barrow Creek … an experience we could have done without but one that added to the richness of our experiences. We were in need of adding a little fuel to the tank to ensure we could make it to the next major fuel station. It was also time for a morning break. We knew as soon as we saw the town it was not the most desirable location to stop, but stop we did.

The public toilet block had a BIG sign informing everyone from near and far that they were out of order.

Greg pulled in to get fuel but there was no regular unleaded, only premium unleaded. ‘Nah we haven’t had any since some lady drove off with the nozzle still in her car the other day.’ First warning bells rang. We decided we would put in 30 litres only. Greg waited for the pump to be zeroed, but the lowest it went was to 24cents. This was no place to argue so we put in our 30 litres, paid cash and got out of there. We’ll remember to leave that off the trip plan next time.

We spent the night in the Devil’s Marbles camp ground with quite few others. Dingoes visited early in the evening and entertained us with their howling later in the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th September 2012

Barrow Creek
Moral of the story.............. there are times one should use their en suite!!!!!!!!! This was one of those times. The moral of the story for the rest of us ........ keep trying to convince your husband to upgrade your van to one with an en suite!!!!!!!! One never knows when one will stop at Barrow Creek.....
28th September 2012
More Devil’s Marbles and Joan

Devil's Marbles
I enjoyed seeing the Devil's Marbles again - they are awsome. Love reading your blogs.
29th September 2012

UFOs
Perhaps I should have mentioned that stop, we did too. They put new meaning into surly service so we just bathroom breaked and moved on. Not towing a caravan gave flexibility to our stop choices

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb