Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
September 8th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post


We arrived at Tracy’s apartment at 2am Wednesday morning, after a 4 hour uneventful flight.

Later that morning we awoke to a fine humid Darwin day, already 23 degrees. We had no food for breakfast because of our late arrival in the wee hours, so we had to settle for you know what. We should have walked a little further as there were a lot of side walk eating places that we could have chosen to sit down for breakfast.
After breakfast our first stop was the information center, as we needed to find some more info on places to see. This centre is a must see, with lots of information and brochures on everything to see in the Northern Territory. The staff was also very helpful.

As having only one full day in Darwin, we decided to see the Darwin City sights. Darwin itself is quite easy to get around, and the brochures from the information centre made things simple. It is quite a nice city and has some nice parks. We walked from one end of Bi-centennial Park to the other. Darwin has a rich World War II history some of which was evident as we walked through the park. The girls clicked away with there cameras at everything that moved and if it didn't move they took a photo of it anyway. It was hot and humid, so we moved along at a slow pace and drank plenty of water, and of course the girls did nothing but complain about having to walk. They were rewarded for there marathon walk with a trip to the movies to see Tomorrow When The War Began.

The Mierans

Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb