WYNDHAM to DARWIN


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sun 11th July, Hi there, we are back on air again. We spent most of the week sitting around in Wyndham, spending time chatting with our neighbours in the caravan park. Pam had the bejesus frightened out of her one morning as she was reading in her chair under a tree, when the local resident ass/mule snuck up behind her and nudged her shoulder, then laughed at her. I couldn’t stop laughing.

Mon 12th July, Left early and headed for Kununurra to do some shopping and make some phone calls while we were in range of Telstra. It was still difficult to get a camp site there, so we continued on to Victoria River for the night. A nice little park at the roadhouse. We camped alongside a couple from Seaford in Melbourne. Small world isn’t it ? As we had crossed a time zone we lost 1 ½ hours that afternoon.

Tues 13th to Frid 16th, Arrived in Katherine around lunchtime and checked in for 4 days at the Riverview Caravan Park. Very narrow sites with only just enough room to extend the awning at the side.
We again caught up with Peter & Dorothy at the Low Level Caravan Park and had an enjoyable afternoon tea with them. Next morning we went shopping then swapped some books at the local book exchange.
Pam’s knee is still not right so it was a good excuse not to do much at all. I played bowls on the synthetic
green at the Country Club which was very enjoyable.
The next morning we went for a drive out to Katherine Gorge and had a look through the Visitors Centre only as we had done the gorge cruise two years previously. On the way back we called in to the Katherine Museum. Very good, well worth a visit as they have a section on the recent floods there.

Sat 17th July, Departed Katherine around 8-45 and headed off to Darwin, arriving about 1-00pm.
The Free Spirit Caravan Park is a bit disappointing with not much grass, narrow, small sites with no foliage on the trees. We had to put up shade cloth walls around the van to keep out the hot sun.
After settling in we went into Palmerston to do some grocery shopping.

Sun 18th July, Pam’s knee is still troubling her so we rested today and will go in to Darwin Hospital on Monday to try to find out what the cause of it is.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb