Our first really quiet day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
September 11th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 138 - Darwin

No alarm call, no early morning cruise, basically no need to fly out of bed so we didn’t! It’s true to say that the less you do the more knackered you feel and at this moment in time we’re feeling pretty knackered after our first day of ‘rest’ yesterday. We need to find some long walks to re-install the energy levels!

After getting ourselves showered we thought sod the walking, let’s drive into Darwin and just mooch around! Driving into town is no problem at all but deciding where to park was quite an extended process! We quickly work out that there’s no free parking in Darwin during the week! There was the Coles and Woolworths car parks where the first 2 hours are free but after that it’s $5 or the Esplanade car park which is conveniently positioned and is only $3.60 all day - but full, or there was another car park behind Woolworths where we did end up parking eventually after an initial visit to the Tourist Information Centre for some change!

We’re expecting a package to be delivered (thanks to Kangaroojack) to the Darwin central Aus Post and luckily we’ve parked really close to it so are able to check if it’s arrived. Not yet, could be up to 7 days from when it was first posted so we’ll check with them again on Monday.

Next up was a quick visit to Dick Smiths the electrical retailer for yet another external hard drive and a web cam! We’re on Skype so much with people that have web cams and we’re getting called tight wads for not having bought one yet so while we’ve got the opportunity we thought we should join in although it will mean us having to smarten our appearance up from now on if you can see us when we’re talking!

We were really close to the Esplanade at this point so decided to take a wander to Lyons Cottage and then walk to Doctors Gully where we find the tide is out, way out! We’ll do all this again on Sunday when we take the historic walk through the town so today we’re just killing time really with a bit of meandering about.

When we’re all meandered out we head for the air conditioned Woolworths to get a few supplies and then return to the campsite for a swim!

Dinner was a giggle as we cooked on the campsite BBQ which isn’t the quickest in the world but we had good company from some lads who have recently arrived in Darwin from South Australia.

The evening was taken up with a Skype call to Mum K and then chats to Ed about the racing at Pod which is still going very well despite Ed continually going too quick!.

Blimey, that really was our quietest day in quite some time! I blame the heat!

Dar and Sar


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb