lakes, rivers, waterfalls, springs, rocks canyons campervans


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
September 1st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello hello! sorry its been a while people! been a busy bee! but im still alive Ingrid! dont worry! :-) im in Australia now. got here fine. Flew to Brisbane 1st. was there for 3 days. met some cool guys, most from Ireland, theres loads of them! didnt do much in Brisbane. went to the park and had a few beers. it was well cold compared to Asia so i went to charity shop and got me a jumper! the Hostel i was in was ok, abit dirty but not much different from my room at home! haha. i had a flight booked from bisbane to Cairns on the 13th August so did that. I liked Cairns better than Brisbane was warmer! haha.

First night in Cairns i just stayd around the hostel ended up playing drinking games with some korean guys, was a really good night. i met a German girl in my room (wally)and decided to go on a sky train thing into the jungle and to a place called Kuranda the next day. we got the sky train there and a scenic train back. i held a kuala bear, was so soft and cute but quite heavy. it was a long day, we didnt get back while 6.30. one of the Korean guys had offerd to cook for me so i had some lush Korean food for tea! yummy! iv been eating lots of different stuff, its good! ended up drinking again! whoops. its so bad, but so good! haha. me and June(Korean friend) went to the Lagoon(man made beach area thing) in the morning. i made ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch as repayment for my korean food, not quite as good but june liked them ha! we just sat and chatted all afternoon, i was teching him English then he had to catch his plane home boo! I was sharing a room with 5 German people and one of the guys had a camper van and was going on a roadtrip 2 Darwin. I decided to join, Along with Wally and a french guy called Julian. I didnt do much no the night as i knew i had to be up for campervaning the next day...

We set off early got some food and off we went. it was class. was driving for ages and ages along dusty roads/tracks. We just pulled over to sleep at about 7ish in a free camping place the 1st night. We had no toilets, and i was scared to go in the buses for snakes and spiders, but i braved it!! set off again the next day bright and early. half way threw the day driving we gets a flat tyre! the jack wouldnt work and evrything was going wrong so we had to stop someone to help. we got it sorted but it was a sunday and no garages wer open in the next town to get a new spare tyre so we got some beers and pitched for the night cos we didnt want to drive with no spare tyre and the next town be miles away. The town we stayed was called Nomanton(i think) and it was well cute, peoper ozzy town, guys sat outside pub with big beards, farmer hats and a can of XXXX haha. i liked it. we got the tyre sorted early in the morning and drove the rest of the day to a campground, got a well earnd shower! got up, and guess what, we drove some more! lol. stayd at a lovely camping area that night called devils marbles. really pretty rocks in the middle of nower. was nice and the sunset was good. the next day we arrived in Alice Springs this waas the 1st big town in days. did some more shopping and just millled about for abit. we stayed there 1 night and drove to Ayers Rock the next day, got there just b4 sunset. it was pretty impressive. just a random rock in the middle of nower. but once youv seen it, you dont need 2 see it again! if you get me? lol. we went back to camp and cooked tea pasta AGAIN! wed been eating pasta evrything as it was so easy 2 cook.lol. we stayd the same camp ground for 2 ngiths. went to the rock again and walked around it, was a ncie walk, abit cold and windy thow, but still sunny. on the 2nd nigth we diceded to have a fire, so got some wood and thomas(guy whos van it was) decided to light it, then pour petrol on it?!?!?!? what an idiot!! then he deciede it was a bad idea and tryd 2 kick the petrol can away from the fire, wich just made it spread more! his foot set on fire. it was bad but funny(only cos no1 was hurt) some guy came with a hose and shouted at evryone. we took the piss out of thomas for days! haha.
we arrived at Kings Canyon mid afternoon and did a 3hour walk. it was lovely. some amazing views, i rated it much more than Ayers rock. you would have loved it mum. wed met some other people who wer campervaning too so went there with them, was about 2 set off and thwere van wouldnt start as theyd left there lgihts on and got a flat battery so had 2 toe them but didnt work so got someones jump leads and finally got back to camp!! next day we set off back to alice springs and stayd there one night again, then back to Devils marbles again for one night. alot more driving then we arrived at a quirky place called Daily Waters. the map said it was a town, but a town in the outback is a petrol station and a caravan park, and if your lucky a pub! lol. we drove more and more and arrived at a place called kathrine, we stopped at Bittere Springs on the way. It was lovely. really beatiful the water was warm and so clear swam there for abit then headed to Katherine Gauge and went swimming in the lake. then the next day went to a waterfall Edith Falls this was also lovely. i cant even explain it. went swimming there too. so nice to swim in a pool thats not man made with clear water, waterfalls and beautiful scenery! we drove to Litchfield national park and stayd there for 2 nights. saw many more waterfalls. one was my fave,Buley Rockhole. it was small waterfalls and like a pool in the middle wich was deep enough to jump in. had so much fun and didnt want to leave. it was amazing there, one of my fave places. it was ace.
I had fun in the campervan, but the group wasnt the best. me and Thomas didnt get on. I resulted in talking to him as little as possible. the other 2 wasnt so keen on him either. it could have been so much more fun with the right people, but i still had an amazing time and saw some awsome things. Im Still with Wally now thow, shes kool. and Julian was alright too. just a shame there was abit of an atmosphere! but nevermind!

Im in Darwin now. have been for 2 night. went clubbing my 1st night with some guy from Tazmania. was good, but they dont know how to club like we do back home! musics not loud enough!!! lol. went to the night market lastnight wich was pretty cool. i ate crocodila and Kangaroo and Camel and Octopus! GO ME!!! lol. crocodile was nice, kangaroo good, camel bang average and octopus, well i dont like fishy stuff so wasnt my cup-o-t but i tryd!

I think im going to look for a job in Darwin, need to get some money coming in, but i really dont want too!BOO! im staying in a hostel at the moment its like $25 a night wich is about 13quid. not as cheap as thailand but not too bad! but iv met some canadian guys who have a campervan and are camping in a place not far from the centre so might camp with them 2 save abit of money, and its fun! well im gonna go and cook cauliflower cheese and chicken breast for my tea now! woow!

Send me messages and let me know how you are. missing evryone lots and loads. hope alls well.

much love. XXX



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



1st September 2008

linzy it loooks amazing. it really does. looks like the htin gin the top picture is doing a poo. proper nice. but seriously. it looks like your visiting the most awesome places in the worldddd! keep safe! and keep partying. when in doubt. drink gin. love xo
2nd September 2008

Hello
Hi Linz! Thanks for the update! Glad to know you're ok and enjoying yourself still! All looks absolutely amazing! We are all jealous! I'll email you a longer mess on facebook. Love you Helenxxx
2nd September 2008

OZ
Hi you,looks like you had a great time in the outback apart from the flat and thomas lol still you dont have to see either again.Water falls looked well cool would defo swam in them whoo,me know's what you meen about seen one rock you seen em all.Get in touch with crocodile Dundee to catch a croc for your 'T' he! he!.thanks 4 ting's thru post mwahX.my comp is playing up so david is going to sort it out, like the facebook as well.everbody is ok here of to the dog's backend of the month dog racing that is,did sum plastering for Helen on sunday think it's still on lol,well that's it for now everbody send's there love missing ya you bugger BIG HUG and KISSES XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX take care MWAH MWAH MWAH
14th September 2008

catch up
Hi Lindsay it looks amazing all the places you are going to sent you a longer email on hotmail. take care missing u love anita xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb