Kunnunurra to Alice


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Sorry sgain about the vast and arid nature of our blogs: must be something to do with our enviroment. Since I last blogged we have spent time in the Bungle Bungles, over to Katherine and a new state, up to Lietchfield NP, on to Darwin, around Kakadu NP, south to Bitter Springs(Mataranka) and finally plopped here in Alice Springs yesterday, Simone and I definitely found the Bungle Bungles and the East Kimberly region the visual highlight of our trip. The scenery was breathtaking and the hikes exhilerating. The Northern Territoy is a cool place. We were mostly forbidden to enjoy campfires in the West but half the NT is on fire this time of year. The recent wet season and cool nifgt allows traditional managemnt of country with burning. Darwin was somewhere we will visit again. Small population ; big livelyness. lots and lots of things to do from Museums and art gallerys to markets and waterparks. Great eating places along the harbour and nice fish to catch and eat! Off to Kakadu, saw a huge croc on the South Alligator River, amazing rockart and fantastic falls and gorges. Couldn't help but absorb some traditional culture and education. South to Mataranka and floating around in hot springs and a bit of barra fishing- no lfish just fishing. Arrived in Alice Springs and put on long pants and tops for the first time since we left in March. Last night was a snappy zero degrees. At least the night temps will go up from here. Beautiful daytime weather though. Today we are off to the School of the Air which should be fascinating. There 2 students in the same class that live 1900 kms apart. We are staying a couple of days then off to The Macdonald Ranges, Uluru and back into South Australia. Due back around the week of the 9th of July. We are all happy and healthy and hope all you guys are as well.

Jeff


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb