A Day of planning - Destination Tanzania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
October 1st 2009
Published: October 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so after a few days of deliberating and a lot of talks with my brother and multiple other travelers we have decided to start planning our trip with a start in Tanzania, we have already planned our European part of our trip but i'll get to that later. Starting off i thought this would be easy, having a tour operator plan the 30+ weeks we plan to spend in Europe and the America's.


We have decided to plan the African part of the tour ourselves and then lead into our already planned part of the trip instead of coming to Africa after Europe.

ok so where are we?....... Myself ( Chris) and my brother (Jason) live in Newcastle, Australia neither of us have been outside the country, done a few interstate trips and now we have the travel bug.


I cant believe how much goes into something like this, from planning airfares, routes, train / bus transport, accommodation ect, so far i have already spent the best part of the week researching alot of information and its starting to make my head spin.

So far we will be flying into Kilimanjaro Airport on the 3rd of October 2010, having 12 months to plan and get ready for this is a great asset, Our itinerary is pretty open for the most part starting off with a few days acclimatising once we have lodged up after the flight, 30 hrs on plane. not looking forward to the jet lag.


Our rough itinerary at this point for Tanzania is to lodge in Arusha as our base of operations.

* 3 day Trek in Arusha National Park
* 2 day trip to Dar es Salaam
* 3 Day trek in Lake Manyara National Park
* 7 Days in Ngorongoro Crater
* 7 days in Serengeti National Park

A mix of camping, hosteling, walking, cycling, trains, busing and automobiles, should be a great start to an adventurous trip. total of 4 weeks in Tanzania before our next destination.

I know its not a normal blog after looking at quiet a number over the last few weeks from this site and a few others but hopefully over the coming months before our trip myself and Jason can help provide members and visitors of the site an insight into what goes on in planning a major trip like this instead of just having blogs and photos of on the road trips.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb