more back issues


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Vincentia
January 17th 2008
Published: January 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

7-1-8 near nandi fiji torrential rain, warm humid summer in the south pacific. days hve passed i've been dark places, lost, lonely the sometimes curse of the intrepid traveller. doubt, indecision, the existential dilemma looming not lurking, chant your mantra, hold on thru that difficult night. then the dawn, a new beginning i met michael who tlaked in a talahassie drawl of all the truths like a monologue of life. while he steadily consumed beer and occasionally wine. but i'd just finished malouf's 'johnno' a lyrical phraseology and before that 'my life as a fake' by carey. what genius. and so i called out to my muse. seeking inspiration and felt words form, flutter into life, fall into wonderful patterns like butterfly wings and tried to construct a world i could live in.
11-1-8 mollymook made it. this morning '7' 'sunrise' did the flag wave thing 'on air'. took trains to bomaderry and hitchhiked rides to HERE. got CAR! like having legs again. seeing trees and no trash on roadways and streams, i'm just glad to be home. high summer long light evenings, i speak the language. golf club beachside the pokies are burbling, raffle winners getting thirty dollar vouchers and meat packs. first world folly but oh it beats all that poverty.
12-1-8 strange true but. with a silver dart she saves the world. knowledge, enlightenment her tool of choice. the eureka moment when we stand together, one species, one purpose. mollymook. the return of the native to that ancient soil dressed in eucalypts and caressed by a theraputic breeze i walked on beaches unsullied and listened to chirps of children playing in soft surf. earlier i thrilled to the screech of a mighty flock of cockatoos. cormorant wonderful to see you. gulls walking on seaweed strewn sand my australia
13-1-8 along the estuarine waters of australia's east coast where salt sea slithers inland to fertilise ancient earth parked up by the footpath to the beach inhabited by lucky aussies living a life scarcely dreamt of in the annuls of time. thongs and boogie boards de rigeour. butterflies and cicada, casuarina and being behind the trees the loveliest stir of the air by a strong north easter. i walked the beach clad in white with two flags. man and boy returning to carpark donated by placing money on tire. then a couple got two stickers, then two rows of teens one standing, one lying, ones lying all wanted stickers, i gave three for cars. then back to my placid place where vine flowered small and white. in the morning i had spruiked the harbour markets. did large flag and two handwavers, many stickers til the crowd grew in size and indifference.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1906s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb