Flying to Manchester


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 13th 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sydney to Manchester UK
Today we set off on our UK holiday. Sarah drove us to the station. We caught the train from Gosford Station and we arrived in Sydney in plenty of time for our Singapore Airlines flight. We flew from Sydney to Singapore on the A380. We had two seats at the rear of the plane, a good position with plenty of room. The flight was good. We then had to change planes at Singapore. Singapore airport is very large. We then boarded an A777 for the rest of the journey. We flew from Singapore to Munich. We were lucky enough to be given seats beside the exit doors for this flight. It was a long flight but I managed to sleep quite a bit on the plane. We arrived in Manchester at 7.35am and were met by my cousin, Carrie and her son, Alex. We drove back to Carrie’s and had a lovely walk around Carrie’s land and then we went for a drive into Welshpool and had a wander around the shopping area. We also went to visit Londis, where Carrie works. We then went over to visit Uncle Roy and Aunty Gwen and had afternoon tea with them, and had a lovely drive back to Carrie’s via the country lanes.
Steve could no longer stay awake and he is having a nap whilst I type up the blog.
We should both sleep well tonight.
Thankyou Carrie and Alex for collecting us from the airport and for accommodating us and showing us the sights of Wales.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Llanfair CaereinionLlanfair Caereinion
Llanfair Caereinion

Londis, Carrie's workplace


16th April 2011

Sounds like you had a good journey
and it's nice to see some photos of Carrie's work place and also of Auntie Gwen and Uncle Roy's home. Thank you.
16th April 2011

ARRIVAL
I am so pleased you arrived safe and well. Yes, it IS a long flight. Please give Carrie and Alex my love. I have the coverlet on my bed I bought with her in Welshpool. Special love to Gwen and Roy. I am so pleased you have begun your journey...how wonderful!! Loads of love, travel safely! x

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb