We're finally here, Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 25th 2009
Published: October 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After numerous months of planning and talking about going to Australia, we are finally here. The dreaded 15+ hour flight was something that we were amazed went so smoothly. After getting on the plane in San Francisco and a few glasses of wine we woke up in time for breakfast and just in time to land.

We have been here for only a day and it is no wonder why so many people love this country. The people are friendly, weather is nice and the city is really easy to get around. We have already visited the famous Sydney Opera House (will post pics later), the Rocks (great section of town with cool shops, restaurants and bars) and Darling Harbor. The weather could be a little sunnier, but we are here during the end of their spring so it is a little cool and cloudy.

When we got off the plane yesterday, we thought we were seeing things in the Duty Free Shop. The cigarette cartons have signs like, smoke kills - and has a picture of a dead person rotting away, a picture of black lungs or pictures of someone's disgusting fingernails after smoking for decades. The cartons are priceless and we took numerous pictures! I will post them later.

We also found ourself at a local beer festival and were invited into a special beer class by an industry magazine. The editor introduced us to some cool beer and taught us how to pair it up with sushi and other food. So far we have not seen any kangaroo on the menus, but we have seen a LOT of sushi and meat pies. Lots of Asian restaurants which will be good to taste the different varietes of food from the country close by.

I'll post pics later, thanks for reading!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb