Still Alive!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 6th 2006
Published: February 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bondi BeachBondi BeachBondi Beach

Bondi beach at sunset
G'day,

All is still well in not so sunny Sydney! Apart from the weather being a little bit poo over the last week or so ive been up to my usual antics around the place.

Its been a bit of a quiet week compared to last week for me and one that hasnt seen me do too much so there aint loads to write about.

The evening after my last blog i went down the bar at the hostel with a German geezer and a South African bloke that were in my room at the time and there was a live band on which were pretty good, and even busted out a few of the old Uni classics which are always welcome! The night was a long one as i went down the bar at about 8:30 and was sat pretty much in the same seat until 4am never without a cold VB in hand.

The next day began pretty late in the afternoon and with rather hazy memories of the night before if any memories at all! And with little will to get out of bed and even less energy to do anything constructive not much
Opera HouseOpera HouseOpera House

View from the pylon lookout on the Harbour Bridge of the Opera House and the city
happened other than a wander around sydney and the odd trip into a shop to treat myself to a bit of air conditioning every now and then.

The next two or three days consisted pretty much of the same minus the hangover. Im beginning to know Sydney like the back of my hand and i dont think theres a square centimetre of George or Pitt Street that hasn't been touched by me.

On Saturday I met up with a few others i'd met a couple of days before over a bowl of Cheerios and although they had been in Oz nearly a week they hadn't been to the Rocks and seen the Opera House and Harbour Bridge so i went for a walk with them and because it was the Chinese New Year on the 4th (the year of the dog if that means anything to anyone) there were loadsa live music and Chinese shows on so I stood around and watched that for an hour or so and trecked back to the hostel.

That evening was another messy one and i ended up goin down to the hostel bar again with a lad from my plane
Australia DayAustralia DayAustralia Day

Firework display at with thousands crammed into Darling Harbour to take part in teh festivities.
and his room-mates and stayed in there till it was time for the destruction of Wales by ENGERLAND at rugby, which was good coz Jamie (the lad from the plane) is a Welshy so that gave me hours of amusement!

Stinking hangover in place and finally awakening to the sound of the hoover from the cleaners at about 2:30pm, one of my room-mates thought it would be a good idea entering in the 5 a-side tourney in Central Park so he rang a couple of mates and i went scouting around the hostel for a fifth player and we had our team. We entered the tourney optimistic of a decent placing and maybe a crack at the $200 first prize. But a 2-1, 6-0, a 5-1 and a 4-0 defeat later our hopes had somewhat diminished and we accepted we werent gonna win! Anyway it was a well good day and a bit of fun so all wasnt lost, and i even got a bit of a tan.

Anyway, this is my last day in Sydney as im off to Cobram (a small town about 2/3 of the way to Melbourne) tomorrow morning to do some fruit picking
Darling HarbourDarling HarbourDarling Harbour

Darling Harbour by day
for a month then im Melbourne bound for the Commonwealth games.

So thats all for my second week from Oz and i've put a few pics on here from last week that i missed in the last blog.

I hope you are all well and take care,
Dunc





Advertisement



6th February 2006

I cant think of one
I cant think of anything to say either, cept Im still dead jealous. Keep up the good work Dunc! x
8th February 2006

nice to see ur aving such a good time m8,am wif bender, i reckon u've only got about 3 more weeks before a sipder gets u.
5th March 2006

good to see u r alive and well
hey dude nice to see u r alive and drinking as per usual for you! keep up the good work and the stories flowing in mate, oh and u r supposed to pick the fruit not eat it all!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb