Australia - Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 27th 2009
Published: April 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

Arrived safe and sound in Oz and have had an awesome first week with Oz intro in Sydney. Staying here for a few days more before we start heading up the coast on Thursday. There was about 30 of us in total doing the oz intro week, split into two groups. Pretty much planned what i will be doing in oz, still not sure what the plan is after that but hey. The guys at Oz intro have been really helpful. Trent, our guide, is possibly the coolest guy in the world (and has possibly the best job in the world). Anyway this is pretty much what i have been upto for the last week:

Day 1 (monday)

City tour and jet boating round Sydney harbour and bridge. Was pretty jet lagged but was a fairly easy day, altho jet boating was a rush, got absolutely soaked as well.

Day 2

Surfing day trip. First taste of surfing and it was awesome, we were taken out by the same guys who will be taking us on the surf trip on thurs. Managed to stand up a few times, give it a few days and I'll be the guy on the quiksilver adverts!

Day 3

Sydney aquarium. Saw lots of fishes and a few sharks in the aquarium, also sorted out travel plans etc.

Day 4

Bondi beach, bondi to coogee coastal walk and beach barbeque.

Day 5

Day trip to blue mountains. Saw a Kangaroo in the wild! that was fun, the blue mountains themselves are pretty nice, but nothing special really.

Day 6

Me and Sam meet with Trent to sort out travel plans. Then pub crawl in the evening thru Sydney which was really fun, pretty messy tho!

Day 7

Final day of oz intro, we had a farewell dinner up Sydney Tower. Pretty awesome views over the city and a slap up meal to boot.


About 11 of us are going on to do the surf trip on thurs, basically it's a five day surf trip from here to Byron Bay, stoping at a differnet beach each day and being taught to surf by some crazy aussie guys. Then from Byron Bay me and Sam (and maybe a few others) are doing OZ Experience (a hop on hop off bus) up to Cairns, doing various activities on the way, some of which we have already booked. So Oz is going pretty well so far, altho it seems expensive here after being in Thailand! The weather is much cooler as well, still sunny just much cooler, we are following the sun up the coast tho so it will get alot hotter. Anyway that is about it for now, until next time...





Advertisement



27th April 2009

Surf Trip
Watch out for SHARKS!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb