Sydney Beaches


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 2nd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sydney Beaches


Hello Everyone!

Well, we have been in Sydney for about 6 weeks and really have started to get settled. After scouring garage sales and eBay we have finally acquired some couches to sit on and some decorations to make our place feel like home. This includes a pull-out couch that is ready for anyone who is up for a visit.

We've been exploring the sites of Sydney and wanted to share a few pictures of the many gorgeous beaches within easy reach of the city. Palm Beach is the farthest we have gone North (about 20 min. drive), while Manly and Shelly Beach are a really nice ferry ride from Circular Quay. It is a great walk from Manly to Shelly Beach through Cabbage Tree Bay, which has some great snorkeling right off the rocks. Matt has seen an abundance of different fish that he has never seen before including an enormous bright blue grouper the size of a large dog, plenty of angelfish, puffer fish, and a whole school of cuttlefish. To the East are some similarly great beaches, Bondi, Tamarama, and Bronte, which are connected by an extremely scenic cliff walk. Bondi is a very well-known and popular beach lined with cafes bars and good looking people and even has a reality baywatch-like tv show about its lifeguards.

These are only a few of the many beaches we have seen as we have wandered in and around Sydney, so there are plenty more to check out. We even have our own little beach right across the street from our place which has been a perfect setting for Matt to spend his days working on his tan while waiting for Heidi to come home on the ferry.

Just a word of warning, the water is envigoratingly cold this time of year!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Shelly BeachShelly Beach
Shelly Beach

Just a short walk from Manly Beach along Cabbage Tree Bay
Clovelly Bay BeachClovelly Bay Beach
Clovelly Bay Beach

Another great snorkeling spot just south of Bronte


3rd April 2008

Hello!!!
Hi Heidi (and Matt)! I am so glad that you have settled in and are doing well. These pictures are amazing and you look great. We miss you here at TPG and are jealous...LOL! Hopefully I can round some people (probably Katy) to plan a trip to visit. Continue keeping us posted on your adventure! xoxo Lisa
5th April 2008

WAY to GO!!
Water looks nice. Hope you enjoyed it while you could. Party on! John

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb