Arrival in Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 17th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another night bus ride was followed by an afternoon in Bangkok where we visited the big reclining Buddha in Wat Po and had another Thai massage.

On the 15th we arrived in cold, wet Sydney and had a stroll around the harbour area. We then were later reunited with Dave. We headed to the "lively" Kings Cross area for a big night on the town for Dave's birthday but were greeted by a ghost town. Apparently, the Aussies don't go out during the week, and even less so in the Winter. We accidentally found ourselves in a gay bar during our search for a lively place to drink but we managed to salvage the night by going for a slap up meal at a posh Indian restaurant before heading to the local backpacker hot spot.

On the 16th we visited the Sky Tower for some awesome views over the city. After some serious camera snapping and more city wandering we headed back to the hostel to cook our first meal of the travels and made some plans for the East Coast leg. In the evening we headed to the Harbour area and stumbled across some very trendy bars before finding ourselves in the ice bar 'Minus 5'. Three very cold cocktails later, we headed to an indie club before going back for a fairly early night.

This morning, we dragged ourselves out of bed to pick up our camper van!!! After much debate we had decided to shun the Greyhound and drive ourselves up the East Coast. First stop, Bondi Beach for fish and chips and a short dip in the sea, freezing!! We are now leaving to head to the Blue Mountains for the camp site at the National Park.

Signing out.

Mark, Hazh and Dave





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Sydney Opera HouseThe Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House

Awesome views about the harbour area at night.


18th August 2007

Bondi Beach
It was good to see you all so happy on Bondi Beach. But where were the surfers and the babes - there are none in the background, or was the only babe (you're sharing) actually taking the photo! Good luck with your campavan - sounds an excellent choice of travel and accommodation. Best wishes from 'Big Daddy' Hill

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb