Rainy days in Watson's Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
March 2nd 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have had two days in Watsons Bay and it feels like a week! That's not to say it is a bad thing. We have had a fantastic time, just very full on with the jet lag kicking as well as the excitement surrounding the wedding. Lunch time naps can make one day feel like two.

Sarah was a beautiful bride and the wedding was fantastic. The rain came down in true style but didn't dampen spirits or spoil the day in any way. Dunbar House was a gorgeous reception venue and St Peters church was a perfect place for their wedding. The views would have been even more stunning had it not been raining so much!

Again the kids did us proud. We have asked such a lot of them and they still managed to steal the show on the dance floor last night. Amelia will be SHATTERED today and Samuel has been puking all morning which does not bode well for our day ahead. And it will be a difficult day because we have to check out of the hotel at 11 and make our way across the city via Bondi, through the Mardi Gras to Julie Ps house. All with a hangover... (deep breath).

When we first arrived in Watsons, fresh off the plane, we couldn't check into the hotel until 12pm. As luck would have it, Gillian's old school friend Meredith was staying in Sydney, on holiday from East Timor, so they caught the ferry across from Manley to see us. We had a lovely couple of hours and the girls ran around (or Amelia kind of wobbled given how tired she was!) and we had (yet another) coffee and a good old chat.

It couldn't have worked out better. Sometimes you just have to do as much as you can, no matter how crazy it all seems at the time, and hope for the best!

We couldn't have asked for a better start to our trip, and so far I am really enjoying travelling with my little family.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb