Final leg of the trip...finally updated!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
February 4th 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Im only getting time to update this blog and to all my readers, im so sorry to have kept you waiting!! After we left Singapore, we flew to Kuala Lumpur and arrived at night time. First impressions were ok. I suppose we done it the wrong way round as we were coming from Singapore which was so Westernised and clean. KL was more Asian and not as clean. We noticed first there were lots of Muslims in this city but that didnt really bother us. We decided to spend our first day mooching around the shopping centres and drinking coffees!! The second day, we went to the Petronas Towers and were told that the tickets were sold out for that day but we could buy tickets for 2 days time. Great, we didnt even have to queue! So we headed for the Kuala Lumpur Sky Tower which is the tallest tower in South East Asia. Although we didnt go to the revolving restaurant which we regret. We went to Chinatown that night and had such nice Chinese food! Infact we ate so much we both considered making ourselves vomit!! haha... Next day was time to leave but before our flight we had time to go to the Petronas Tower for our tour! It was pretty good. Its 80 something floors high and the bridge that connects the two towers is about the 41st floor so we went to this floor after a short video clip of the building of these. The weather was humid but there was lots of rain!

Next we flew out to Langkawi, a small islandin North Malaysia. Its a beach type island so not much to do! As usual the weather wasnt great and to be honest it wasnt the kind of weather to go to the beach in so we done very little! We had some lovely meals though. The town was really nice, small but had a nice ambience! Atlast, we were flying back to Singapore for 2 days before heading for Australia. Again, we were so excited about going back because we loved it so much!!

We arrived in Singapore on Tuesday 10th January and once we offloaded our bags at the Watters Residence we were off for some more sight seeing! So over that duration of a few days, we went to Sentosa Island where we spent a day around Universal Studios. It was so good and we had a great time. Although there is so much to do on this small island that we only got to one part! But maybe some day when we return to Singapore we will re-visit Sentosa. We also, went to the Marina Sands and walked around the fabulous shopping centre and the new hotel. The shopping centre is built with the inside having a Venice theme. Its got water and gondolas inside, pretty cool! The hotel is only new and is really expensive. It would be amazing to stay in! Unfortunately, our time came to an end and it was time to fly to Australia.
We had a long trip from Singapore, as we had to stop in Darwin for 2 hours and then stop in Cairns for 6 hours before arriving in Sydney late on Thursday 14th January. Naively, we thought we would find a house after a day or 2 and everything would be rosy!! How silly we were. We ended up staying in the hotel for 12 nights before we finally got moved into an apartment. To date, we have had a brief meeting with Bondi Beach and have spent a number of afternoons, including Australia Day at the Harbour looking at the Opera House. Our aprtment is great, its smack bang in the middle of the city. 10 minutes walk brings to to the harbour and about 5 minutes to the shopping areas! We have both started our jobs and so far so good! Everything has atlast worked out for us! So thats all the travelling for a while. Hope you have enjoyed our blog


Additional photos below
Photos: 135, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb