Hello Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sutherland
September 10th 2011
Published: September 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DinnerDinnerDinner

The lamb before it got a roasting!
We arrived in Sydney to blue skies and sunshine. Sue (Will’s Auntie) met us at the airport and gave us a lift to Ben’s house (Will’s cousin) in ‘The Shire’, where we’ll be staying for the next few weeks. We had the pleasure of meeting Bella and Lucy at Ben’s house – his 2 very large and very friendly dogs who proceeded to cover us in muddy foot prints. We quickly got to know Lucy very well very quickly as we discovered that she had a bone stuck in her mouth so after several unsuccessful attempts at putting our hands into her mouth to pull out the bone, she had a rushed trip to the vets to take out the choking hazard and returned again full of life!

We happened to arrive in Sydney on the day that Ben had organised an Aussie house party, so the afternoon was filled with trips to the bottle shop, and Woolworths to stock up on food and drink. We returned to the house to find a whole butchered lamb on the kitchen counter and a spit roast warming in the back garden…that went down a treat later in the night!

After a
Meeting the localsMeeting the localsMeeting the locals

Questions accompanied by lots of booze!
quick nap it was time to show the Aussies how the Brits can drink so we started an evening of meeting new friends and enjoying a few beers (and vodka jelly shots) by the pool- we lasted to 6am until the jet lag hit in and we called it a night – not rising again until 3pm the next afternoon.

On Sunday we met the Ashford kiddies, Cameron and Taryn. Cameron had apparently been counting down til our arrival – I cant help but think he may have been disappointed with the hungover Will and Jo that he was presented with! We were back in bed by 9pm that evening, the jet lag and hangover definitely got the better of us! Although it was a sleepless nights sleep as we got used to the sounds of all the local wildlife!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bonding with BenBonding with Ben
Bonding with Ben

Ben applying the charm - he's an Ashford!


12th September 2011

Beer, late nights, hangovers, jelly shots- sounds just like your lifestyle in London (apart from the lamb BBQ)! Glad to see you both got there in good shape - looking forward to hearing more news.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb