A day in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sans Souci
August 14th 2010
Published: August 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

City Sydney
Language English
Currency Australian dollar
Climate high 19c - low 9c - sunny
Saturday dawned bright, early and noisy as one would come to expect from Australia. In fact it started about 5.00am with the orchestral symphony of bird squawks, squeaks and screeches, ensuring we didn’t sleep in and miss our first full day of holidays. Apparently they were on their best behaviour. But it was not enough to deter us falling asleep again! In fact it was a very relaxing day, with a walk along the San Souci coast enjoyed by all (including Wally the dog) in the morning and a good ol’ gourmet Ozzie burger for lunch. This was all in preparation for a very special occasion in the evening. We were to experience a dining delight at Sepia with David and Kerrie, joined by their friends Raffe and Karen. We started with cocktails at the Hilton in the gorgeous bar - very impessive, high stud, beautiful furnishings and an outdoor garden terrace with a view over the lovely Victoria Station Building. Then on to the restaurant a short drive away. The main event was a degustation of 10 courses, accompanied by wine for each course from an exotic location somewhere in the world (France, Chile, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Lebanon were but a few). The experience started at 7.00pm and we didn’t leave the restaurant until after 12.00am. The chef is known as being a scientist with flavour, experimenting with flavours through foam. Very interesting concoctions, with the “Forest Floor” chocolate desert a bit of a favourite!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb